Sunday, February 13, 2011

jewelry organizer

I’ve been looking for a new way to organize my jewelry  since I started seeing the pretty jewelry trees and stands hit my favorite stores and then compared them to the mess I called my jewelry box.

I really love the way they look but I know how I am.   I just drop my jewelry down as I go past the jewelry box on my way to kicking off my shoes and it never actually gets put it where it goes.  Therefore it looks like this.


and this

and good luck finding what you're looking for real quick before running out the door because you're already 10 minutes late because you couldn't decide on the boots or the heels and then decided to go with the heels but then had to go with different pants.  It's an ongoing battle that goes unaccessorized.

I knew I wanted needed to get something new but if I was going to spend the money then it was going to have to be something I really liked and not one I buy on a whim.  Something pretty but not too girly. 

I love this 

but with my habits I can see it turning into a tangled web of nonsense.

Then I was leaning toward something like this 
but I needed to find the right one for the right price.

Then I found this
It’s actually a 3 tiered food stand but I’m all for re-purposing and of all places, I found it at Ikea for a mere $15.  Score!  It’s clear glass and oval shape and so simple and timeless that  I won’t get bored with it anytime soon.  Pretty display and organized jewelry, check.

After several days, I can honestly say that it's a job well done, definitely serving it's purpose.  I can find what I'm looking for when I need it and everything easily goes back in it's place.

No comments:

Post a Comment